In 1974, when A. H. HIRSCH first imagined his now legendary bourbon, he set the gold standard for thoughtful American whiskey. Today, HIRSCH continues to pursue whiskey as an explorer might consider uncharted territory. We believe the world is full of possibility, there’s always room for discovery, and craft is best balanced with experimentation. With obsessively discerning selections, HIRSCH continues to blaze trails for the adventurous.
“The only real pleasure is the satisfaction of going where no man has been before and where few can follow.”
— Annie Smith Peck
HIRSCH’S newest offering, THE HORIZON, honors our forward-looking nature: steadfast, determined, moving onward at a brisk pace, forever in search of the next adventure. THE HORIZON isn’t an end result, a destination on a map; it’s something we spend our lives in search of.
THE HORIZON combines two straight bourbons distilled in Lawrenceberg, Indiana: 94% of the blend is distilled from a traditional mash bill and aged a minimum of 4 years. The remaining 6% is distilled from a “high rye” mash aged 6 years for added complexity. Bottled at 92 proof, THE HORIZON is crafted to be enjoyed neat or on the rocks.
60% CORN / 36% RYE / 4% BARLEY MALT