The Diageo 2019 Special Releases have been revealed. They have been selected by master blender Dr Craig Wilson. The 2019 Special Releases follows the theme of Rare by Nature. Each expression is said to evoke the “distinctive nature and characteristics” of each distillery.
The 2019 collection includes:
- Cardhu 14-Year-Old: A small batch double matured for two years in Amontillado sherry-seasoned hogsheads
- Cragganmore 12-Year-Old: A smoky Speyside classic, matured in refill American oak casks
- Dalwhinnie 30-Year-Old: Highland malt with over thirty years of maturation in refill hogsheads and butts
- Lagavulin 12-Year-Old: Powerfully peaty, a small batch of Lagavulin matured in refill American oak casks
- Mortlach 26-Year-Old: A small batch of “The Beast of Dufftown” matured in first-fill Pedro Ximenez/Oloroso-seasoned casks
- Pittyvaich 29-Year-Old: A 1989 ghost, double matured in Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso sherry seasoned casks
- Talisker 15-Year-Old: Smoky, made by the sea, the first ever release of Talisker as a 15 year old, matured in freshly charred American oak hogshead
- The Singleton of Glen Ord 18-Year-Old: A previously unreleased expression of a fruit and spiced expression, oak matured in freshly charred American oak hogshead
These will be available in limited quantities this autumn.