The base of Barrell Bourbon Batch 029 is an herbal and viscous blend of Indiana bourbons. The blend was expanded with 6 and 7-year-old rye-grain Kentucky bourbon, chosen for its exotic cinnamon spice note and floral 9 and 10-year-old wheated bourbon. Finally, a small amount of 6, 14, and 16 year old Tennessee bourbon was added for a fruity nose and a long, oxidative finish.
- A blend of straight Bourbon Whiskeys
- Distilled and aged in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana
- Selection of 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, and 16-year-old barrels
- Aged in American white oak barrels
- Bottled in Kentucky
- 115.88 proof cask strength bottling
An initial burst of fruit: Williams pear and dried papaya on the nose, lime cordial on the palate; then a lengthy evolution through rye-driven mulling spices and rich oaky lactones. Ultimately, the profile settles comfortably into an array of dessert notes including treacle tart, milk chocolate, and Boal madeira.